Ali (Ali's Bookshelf )'s Reviews > The Brotherhood of Dwarves

The Brotherhood of Dwarves by D.A. Adams

The Brotherhood of Dwarves is a pretty fast paced read full of adventure. This book is perfect for young adults to read seeing as there isn't anything that a young adult shouldn't read. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the second story in this series.

I really enjoyed reading this book mainly because as a reader we get to see the main character growing throughout the whole story. He's not perfect, he learns from his mistakes and moves on. I also really enjoyed all the different characters in this book as well. There are plenty of Dwarves, yes and other types of characters, like elves . Another thing I greatly enjoyed was the details that are jam packed in this book. I love all the history about the lands in this story. The languages between the characters as well. I've never read a story about a half dwarf half elf before and I really enjoyed the details and seeing how that was intertwined in the story. I also really loved seeing him get knocked down a few pegs so to say. I love a good book where the main characters are flawed in some way and getting to read about them being put in their place is great. This book did not disappoint on that detail!!

My only complaint about this book would really have to be there is no map! I would really love to see a map for this book and get to see the lands how the author sees them. Maps in Fantasy books help me to picture it all even more in my head. Its one thing I love about Fantasy books.

The Brotherhood of Dwaves is a well written and has a great plot. It is a great first part of this story and I for one can't wait to read more about Roskin and get to know more characters. I can't wait to see what other adventures Roskin and the other characters can get into.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Brotherhood of Dwarves.

Quotes Ali Liked

D.A. Adams
“Then you'll have to kill me, ogre. I owe that dwarf a debt you can't understand.”
D.A. Adams, The Brotherhood of Dwarves