Crystal's Reviews > Jewel of Atlantis

Jewel of Atlantis by Gena Showalter

Feb 27, 12

Read from February 24 to 26, 2012 — I own a copy

********** Mild Spoilers**********

Gray is a human OBI (kind of a men in black agency) agent who travels into Atlantis to find the Jewel of Dunamis. He starts hearing a voice in his mind trying to prevent him from trouble, leading him through the Atlantis terrain and asking him to help her escape her captivity. After rescuing Jewel from her captors it tells of their journey to find Jewel safety, their unnatural connection and getting Gray to the Jewel of Dunamis. How will they cope with their blossoming feelings towards each other and the fact that Gray must return home?

I really enjoyed reading this book. I also enjoyed the change in roles in that the female character is the paranormal one when so many novels the dominating male is the paranormal. Although I thought this was a great read and have moved on to the 3rd book in the series, I felt it lacking in parts. It was a well told story and I love reading Gena's books. I feel like so far in the Atlantis series Heart of the Dragon was the best. I am just into the Nymph King so I haven't gotten an impression on that yet but I am hoping it is more upto Dragon's standards. Again, I do recommend this book. It was a great read, just not as great as Heart of the Dragon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jewel of Atlantis.

02/24/2012
02/24/2012
25.0% "So far I am in love with this book. It has a perfect blend of action & comedy!"