Carmen Pacheco's Reviews > Whitney, My Love

Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught

Feb 24, 2012

Read from February 29 to March 03, 2012

A maddening read, but so full of passion and scheming...I loved it.

The ending bothered me to no end, however, hence the 4 stars/swoons. :D It seems Whitney's only request for the NEXT TIME Clayton loses his mind and overreacts heinously is to be clear about his accusation and give her a chance to explain. WTH? I would suffocate in a relationship like this.

On to brother, Stephen....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whitney, My Love.

03/02/2012 "A bit maddening...**spoiler alert**How can the Duke pursue Whitney in earnest when she's so besotted with Paul? I hate that Clayton has even been a pawn in Whitney's scheme, but now it's gone so far...how does she reconcile her inevitable fate? Being married to the dashing Duke is hardly punishment, but...not if her heart belongs to someone else??? UGH!!!!!" 2 comments

Jules cressall You will like Stephen's book, but he kind of does the same thing,.....NeverMind!!! lol Nicholas has a great short story! He makes me swoon!!

Carmen Pacheco Well...I will admit to Clayton being swoon-worthy. :D I love McNaught!!! I look forward to Stephen's. My sister-in-law said Paradise was her absolute favorite. Did you read that??

Jules cressall I'm sure that I have read Paradise, but for the world of me, I can't remember that story! Serves me right for being online so late!! I love all of MacNaught's novels. I brought A Kingdom of her Own on my move and read it and reread it. It's the medieval Westmoreland branch!!

Carmen Pacheco Does that involve their parents? How come that story line always creeps me out? LOL! Maybe it won't be with the ORIGINAL pairings, do you know what I mean? When it's second generation, it's....weird. :D

Jules cressall Kingdom is set in medieval England, so maybe, Clayton's great, great grandfather? It was a good story with strong supporting characters. I swear, I love some secondary characters more than the main ones!!

Carmen Pacheco And when it's written by McNaught....you know it's worthy! Thanks. I'll make sure to order it.

Jules cressall I love rereads! Maybe, it's time I return to some of my all time favorites! I am going to hunt for Paradise in my basement. lol Pray for me!!!

Carmen Pacheco Good luck!!!! ;)

Jules cressall Carmen, I found Paradise!! It is an absolutely swoon-worthy novel. Matt and Meredith are great together and the secondary characters wonderful!!!

Carmen Pacheco Yes, yes, yes!!!!! It's a stand-alone, right? My sister-in-law said it was indeed swoon-worthy.

Julie!!!!! I finally got Devil's Bride!!!!! I've been stalking Shauni everywhere. I forgot to contact her here! :D You've swooned for it. I can't wait! Finishing Nick's second book and still loving it.

Whoo hoo!!!!!!

Jules cressall Devil's Bride is a fantastic read and all of the Cynster men are swooon-worthy!!!!

Carmen Pacheco I'm going to be saying this a lot, I just know it: Why the Devil am I...swoooooooooning already??? The Devil made me do it!!!! Crack a smile??? ;) I only read 2 chapters last night, but I want this man for my own!!! :D Honoria doesn't even yet realize what he's got in store for her and I pray she isn't overly resistant. You know what we always say: STEP ASIDE, SISTER!!! ;)