Mary's Reviews > Claudia's Shadow

Claudia's Shadow by Charlotte Vale Allen

Feb 24, 2012

bookshelves: read-but-unowned, 1990-2009, 96-100, bought-at-a-library-book-sale, contemporary-fiction, hardcover
Recommended to Mary by: Library Book Sale
Recommended for: Anyone who enjoys contemporary fiction
Read from February 21 to 24, 2012 , read count: 1

After her younger sister Claudia commits suicide, Rowena Graham leaves behind her own life to handle her sister's affairs. She moves into her sister's house - her parents' old house - and struggles to manage her sister's restaurant. Rowena finds it very hard to believe that her little sister ever committed suicide - there was no suicide letter and the suicide verdict just feels all wrong to Rowena. As a result, Rowena decides to begin investigating the truth behind her sister's death.

Claudia was always difficult and unpredictable, but Rowena is convinced that her lovely younger sister would never take her own life. Rowena's unexpected discovery of a trove of documents and photographs unearths a host of secrets kept not just by Claudia but by every member of the family. Her continued investigation also uncovers the tangled web of her own family's dynamics. This may lead Rowena to find the cause of Claudia's death and ultimately set Rowena free from the secrets of the past.

I really enjoyed this book. I have several of Charlotte Vale Allen's books, but I think that this is the first one that I've read. I give this book an A+!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claudia's Shadow.