Kame's Reviews > A Fair of the Heart

A Fair of the Heart by Donna Marie Rogers

Feb 24, 12

This is the first book in a series of 6. It may have had 200ish pages on my Nook but it felt more like a Novella or short story. I think that is because while this was a sweet story - there is a lot we could have learned about these characters.

Lauren is a single mother, and Caleb is a carpenter who comes to her house for a haircut. An attraction is felt right away. In exchange for attacking her "fix-it" list around the house Lauren offers Caleb home cooked meals. Soon Caleb's heart is taken with Lauren and her sweet daughter Emma. Her son Max, a rebelling 10 year old, reminds Caleb of himself. He tries to take him under his wing and help him get thru the hurt of his Dad just leaving and now caring to contact his children.

Caleb had returned to Redemption for his Mother's funeral - he is dealing with the guilt of not coming home to visit as often as he should have, deciding where he wants to live, and thinking of if he is up for a ready made family.

This series is written with another author - each author taking a separate book - I have read book 1 & 2 and there are corresponding scenes in each book. However do not read book 2 thinking you will see a continuation of Lauren and Caleb's story - I am not sure if it will be continued in the remaining books.

In all - a good read that I got for free from BN - Books 3-6 are priced at 1.99 - I do not think I will purchase them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fair of the Heart.