Bookish After Dark's Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: own, fantasy, pnr, urban-fantasy, 2012-tbr-challenge
Read from March 29 to April 05, 2012

Why I read this book?: I just recently read the first book in this series, Moon Called, and enjoyed it so much I immediately picked up the second book. Which is pretty amazing considering usually I have to read something different in between books in a series.

What I liked?: As always, Mercy Thompson is my heroine! What I really loved about her in this book is that she took her "devil may care" attitude and used it to kick even MORE ass in this book than she did in the first book. She's so "real" even though she is a shapeshifter. I feel I could be friends with her, if she existed in real life. In the first book the bad guys were bad but in this book the bad guy(s) were even badder than that! The action is fast-paced and the mystery is great too. Usually, I'm lukewarm on love triangles but I think in the case of this series it works really well. Though I'm growing increasingly lukewarm on Samuel. But at the same time I'm growing more in "book boyfriend lust" with Adam. I really like the road that Stefan is traveling down, storyline wise...I can hardly wait to see how it/if it plays out. A lot of the secondary characters are starting to grow on me, even Ben...maybe he isn't so bad after all.

What I disliked?: I'm really starting to dislike the whole vampire seethe, with the exception of Stefan of course. Other than that I really don't have much in the way of negatives for this book.

Overall Impression: I might just have to come up with a whole new rating for series/books like this! LOVE this series so much I'm going to go grab book three off of my shelf as soon as I post this review.

Rating: Hand over the Paycheck!

Recommendation: I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a kick ass heroine who isn't afraid to get into harms way for the "people" that she cares about.

Like this, Love that: Charlie Madigan series by Kelly Gay, Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.

Quotes Bookish After Dark Liked

Patricia Briggs
“Any idiot can put up a website.”

Patricia Briggs
“Never trust a mechanic who drives new cars. They're either charging too much money for their work, or they can't keep an old car running - maybe both.”

Patricia Briggs
“A dominant wolf's desire to protect was a strong instinct- Samuel was very dominant. Give him an inch, and he's take over the world- my life, if I let him.
Mercy”

Patricia Briggs
“Damn it" I said "I don't suppose you have any ideas on how to kill Littleton" He smiled at me, his teeth very white in the darkness of his face "Eat him" he said.”

Patricia Briggs
“After I shut the door behind me, I heard Darryl say "of course eating him would work too.”

Patricia Briggs
“Now, I'm not very vain. If I'd ever been, making my living covered in various grease and dirt mixtures would have cured me quickly. Still, I wasn't up to facing two sexy men when I had one eye swollen mostly shut and half of my face black and blue.”

Patricia Briggs
“He bit the nape of my neck and I moaned.”

Patricia Briggs
“So in the sweltering heat of a July night, I sang a Christmas carol to a room full of fae, who had been driven out of their homelands by Christians and their cold-iron swords.”

Patricia Briggs
“His heart's occupied elsewhere," said Ben from behind me. "And even if it weren't he's not interested in your kind. But, I'm available and ready."
"You don't have a heart," I told him.” Just a gaping hole where it should have been.
"
"All the more reason for you to give me yours.
"
I pounded my forehead against Warren 's back. "Tell me Ben's not flirting with me.
"
"Hey," said Ben sounding hurt. "I was talking cannibalism, not romance.”

Patricia Briggs
“Adam wants to know what took you so long?
"Tell him I had wild, passionate sex with a complete stranger.”

Patricia Briggs
“I like what you've done to your face," Ben said, tapping his eye.”

Patricia Briggs
“I think that I can count on the fingers of one hand the times you've actually said the word ‘women' and not replaced it with an epithet referring to female genitalia."
"Hey, he's not that bad," Warren said. "Sometimes he calls them cows or whores.”

Patricia Briggs
“I thought you couldn't make it here until morning," I said.
"I hurried.”

Patricia Briggs
“You should be home sleeping. What is the use of having a man in the house, if he cannot take care of you for a while?”
“Mmm,” I said. “I give up. What's the use of having a man in the house?”

03/30/2012 page 40
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rita You liked that, I knew you would.

Bookish After Dark Yup, I'm really LOVING this series! I'm off to pick up book number 3 now!

Rita Who is your favorite male so far?

Bookish After Dark Adam so far, but Stefan and Ben are growing on me.

Rita I was Stefan, from the beginning. But I think that has a lot to do with my Vamp obsession. Adam and Ben grew on me. You are going to love this series and hate that the latest book will not be until 20 freakin 13 :D