Talia's Reviews > The Stranger Beside Me: Ted Bundy The Shocking Inside Story

The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule

Jul 17, 14

bookshelves: non-fiction, serial-killers
Read from March 15, 2013 to July 16, 2014

I'm not really sure how I feel about this book. I think I took such a long time to read it that it failed to make much of an impression on me (I usually read books very quickly).
Of course, the subject matter is fascinating, and having an insider's viewpoint is a great addition. However, I found Rule's style somewhat lacking and strangely self-centred. Yes, I know that this book is supposed to be about her and Ted Bundy, but at times it felt like she was focusing far too much on how she felt and what was going on in her life. But maybe that's just me being cold. It must've been very hard to deal with this situation and then write about it impartially.
Anyhoo, for serial killer fans (for lack of a better word!) this is a very resourceful book and covers a lot of ground, although from my own weird point of view, I felt it was missing some detail of the crimes themselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranger Beside Me.

03/15/2013 page 68
04/01/2013 page 187
33.0% "so fascinating and creepy if somewhat cheesily written."
07/15/2014 page 452
80.0% "I'm nearly there....... only got his execution to go! it's been a bit of a hard slog."
07/16/2014 marked as: read