Nikki's Reviews > Games of the Heart

Games of the Heart by Kristen Ashley

BRING ON MIKE AND DUSTY!!!!! I'M READY!!!!

5 stars.

Spellbinding, intricate, refreshing.

I so wanted "Stealth" Mike Haines's story to be good (cos he deserved it) but I didn't expect it to be THIS good. I went into Mike & Dusty with an open heart and an open mind and I was NOT disappointed.

Dusty Holliday was a freaking goddess. No games, no bullshit, no self-induced angst -- perfect heroine. Mike was seriously hot and I loved that we got newer, deeper levels of him than we had in At Peace. If there was one thing I was nervous about going into this, it was that having already seen Mike courting Vi in AP, GotH would seem a bit like history repeating. But it wasn't at all.

I have like a THOUSAND highlights and bookmarks through this thing and most of them are the pages that feature the secondary characters Finley and Clarisse. Jesus. These two teenagers BLEW my mind. Fin (Dusty's nephew) and Rees (Mike's daughter) brought magic to this story. I felt like a lovestruck teenager reading every scene they touched.

I wish I could quote the hell out of this review but I'm typing this up from my phone. Will definitely add my favourites in later!

Oh and PS, seriously pack your tissues when you open this up. I bawled my freaking eyes out at about a dozen different stages throughout. Amazeballs.
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Games of the Heart.

03/18/2012
33.0% "This is feeling like how I felt about my mind blowing KA reads... SD, At Peace, MM and Heaven & Hell. This is infinity swoonball territory." 9 comments

Nikki Love the cover. God I can't wait for this!

Anne OK I just downloaded it!!! Can't wait to finish up the book I'm reading so I can start reading Mike and Dusty's book. Love the cover, too. I'm soooo excited!!!!

Nikki AnneOK wrote: "I just downloaded it!!! Can't wait to finish up the book I'm reading so I can start reading Mike and Dusty's book. Love the cover, too. I'm soooo excited!!!!"

Anne, I totally get your vibe!!! I feel the same way!!!!

KatLynne I just downloaded it Nikki! May have to start this tonight!

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla Enjoy Nikki!

Kristen Loved your review, Nikki. I agree with you, I feel like a lovestruck teenager reading about Fin and Reec romance too. And Dusty and Mike are AMAZING!

message 7: by Nikki (last edited Mar 26, 2012 06:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikki I'm so glad you're enjoying it, Kristen! Fin and Rees seriously stole the show for me, and for me to say that with how much I loved Mike & Dusty, that means I absolutely ADORED Fin and Rees.

I need serious help. I'm like, already hanging out for Tack's story and Benny and Frankie's (Burg #5). Help.

Kristen I need help right along with you, Nikki. I'm counting down the days for Tack's book. I also can't wait for Chace and Faye's story. Also, I really hope we get a sneak peek at Keira and Jasper's wedding in Benny and Frankie's book. My heart will melt to a puddle of goo if that happens. Can you imagine how awesome Joe giving away one of his girls would be? *dreamy sigh*

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review, Nikki! I so agree. Fin and Rees are awesome. Such a cute couple!

message 10: by Karla (new)

Karla Nice review Nikki. I can't wait to get lost in some teenage love!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog great review Nik and thanks for the text hug! I needed it this morning. Seriously I cried throughout this book. I loved it!

Nikki Anytime Jen, always and forever!

And thanks girls. This was a real gem... still can't get over Fin and Reesee's side story. Absolutely divine.

Shawna Nice review, Nikki! Wasn't this amazing? It's one of my fave KA reads. I loved it, especially yummy Fin!

Nikki I loved it too Shawna - definitely one of my favourite ever KA's!