Ausjenny's Reviews > In Too Deep

In Too Deep by Mary Connealy

Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: historical, favorites
Read in February, 2012

When I heard this book had been released I had to buy a copy and this time to ensure I could get the book quicker I bought a kindle verson.

This is the second book in the Kincaid Brides series and this time features Ethan and Audra. Where the first book features Rafe and Julia who are both very strong willed people who are use to giving orders, Ethan and Audra are more the peacemakers who grin and bear it. In Ethan's case literary. The more frustrated and annoyed he gets the more he smiles so people have no idea what he's thinking. I really liked Ethan from the first book and identified with him knowing what its like to be ordered around by others and how sometimes you just have to take it. Audra has decided to stick up for herself and be stronger as she feels shes a burden. When Ethan and Audra marry it's and interesting dynamic. Both have fears that they are a burden to others and both want to prove themselves but find this hard. We see both Ethan and Audra grow in this book and the more I read the more I liked them. I love some of the conversations with Ethan and Audra, its interesting how two people can be talking and both are talking thinking they are talking about the same things but are both talking about different subjects. I have to mention Seth, he is the crazy brother who is obsessed with the cavern, I have a soft spot for Seth, I feel for him and love some of his scenes. He seems to go from crazy to sane to crazy again in a blink of the eye which makes for some interesting conversations. This book deals with fear and how a persons perception can control there life. As much as I enjoyed book one this book in my view is even better, I eagarly await the final book in this series which deals with Seth. Great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Too Deep.