Maria's Reviews > The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order

The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order by Samuel P. Huntington

Dec 02, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: us-army-reading-list-2012, us-army-reading-list-2013, us-army-cmh-2013, history, non-fiction, politics
Read from November 28 to December 03, 2014

Huntington argued that the end of the Cold War was not a victory of the West but a reshaping of identity and that religion, language and culture would be the new self-defining devisions of the world. He pointed out that Islam's population serge and the reemergence of China would lead to greater points of conflict not less. Written in 1998

Why I started this book: I found an audio edition of this book and wanted to cross it off my list.

Why I finished it: I was reminded of my high school psychology class were our teacher pointed out that we celebrate predictions that are correct and ignore those that are wrong. The continuing popularity of this book felt like that. The last chapter was really annoying. I don't think that keeping our focus on Europe is going to prevent the West's decline.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order.

11/27/2014 marked as: currently-reading