Galinor's Reviews > The Girl in the Park

The Girl in the Park by Mariah Fredericks

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in February, 2012

The Girl in the Park is a really good and interesting book to read. I usually don't read that many mystery books but it caught my attention from the beginning to the end, considering I read it all in about a day. The characters are believable and I was interested to see how the relationships between the classmates was developed with the popular and less popular kids.

The book is full of emotion because of the death of Wendy, one of Rain's friends. The pain from the loss to the family and from the loss of a friend and the fact that one of them may be lying as it might be the killer makes the book very easy to read. It is interesting to see the thoughts of the main protagonist as she tries to figure out who did the murder and why he/she did it.

But I think the most interesting thing to watch is the media coverage of the murder and how the reporters will do anything for a piece of information and criticize Wendy for being killed in the park. You can sense and see how the tabloid titles affect public opinion and how they can ruin a persons name.

I definitely recommend to people to read this book even to people who don't like that much reading mystery books.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl in the Park.