Mireille Chester's Reviews > G'Day USA

G'Day USA by Tony McFadden

Feb 28, 12

Read in February, 2012

G'day USA started out glamorously. We've all seen the red carpet walks, the papparazi photos; being in Ellie's shoes took me right there and because of this, I think I misjudged her. When she gets accused of murder and decides to disappear instead of turning herself in, I thought, wow, you're pretty dense. Of course, she did have a few pushes in that direction and maybe, had I been in her shoes, I might have done the same. I think that the fact that I thought she was a bit daft in her decision making helped make this story that much more of a shocker for me. As I saw how she manoeuvred to stay out of the hands of authorities and how she slowly pieced together what had been done and why, I got to love her. Man, that woman is smart!

This novel is a fast paced suspense/mystery that had my heart jumping multiple times. The characters are individuals, which I love. They all have their own dialect, their own personalities. One of my favorite characters was Ann, the homeless woman that turns into Ellie's greatest ally, was phenomenal. Tony did a great job of putting us in her shoes and how it might be to live as a person who was dealt one of the bad hands in life.

G'day USA is definitely getting a 5 star rating from me.

Memorable Moment:

He continued forward out of control and landed on top of me, gasping for air. He had the presence of mind to grab me around the throat again and at that point I was pretty sure he didn't have any grand plan to torture me. He was winging it. I stuck my thumb in the cut on his cheek and pushed as hard as I could while I brought my knee up between his legs. I think the male nervous system has an automatic response to anything heading toward their sack. Even thought he was splitting his concentration between trying to choke me and the pain I was inflicting on his cheek he managed to twist enough to one side so I only glanced my knee off one testicle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read G'Day USA.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the great review...it seems to have fallen of Amazon though.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

(p.s., the last line of your 'memorable moment' is missing two words - "one testicle".)

Mireille Chester crap. lol Stupid kindle highlighters. Haha. Fixing it right now. :)