Nikki McCarver's Reviews > Lily

Lily by Xavier Axelson

Feb 23, 12

Read in February, 2012

Yes. This book had some incrediably hot sex scenes in it :) I was very excited when Xaiver contacted me to review this book. I absolutely loved his last book. It was full of yummy food and decadently wicked sex. But the story tied to this particular romance is heart-wrenching. Only a parent could relate to the pain and utter loss that is expressed so solemly in Pryor. His daughter was taken from him by a wolf as he helplessly watched her being dragged away. He was unable to find her no matter how frantically he searched. Lily was all he had in his life and now she was gone. The town had distanced themselves from him because of his steadfast refusal to change his story. They considered him crazy. There were no wolves reported to ever have been anywhere near the town but Pryor swore that his daughter was taken by a wolf. Not only that, but he also believed she had turned into one.

As a mother, I can absolutely empathize what Pryor was going through. The pain, longing, and helplessness expressed in the story captures you and will literally bring you to tears. Nothing can comfort you when so much is left unknown about what is going on with your child. The guilt and worry had made him practically unrecognoziable, to himself as well as others. He shut himself off from life and away from everyone he knew. Until he met Ned. Ned was like a becon of light in all of the darkness surrounding him. A solace of temporary comfort where he could just breath for a little while. But will Ned believe him? Or will he write him off as everyone else had? I enjoyed this book immensley and really really hope Xavier intends to expand on the series!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lily.