Keith's Reviews > Dragon Wing

Feb 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy
Read from February 23 to 29, 2012

The first chapter was so bad it almost made me put the book down and quit the series. It was a conversation between two people, but it was like they deleted everything one of the people said and did, so it was really annoying and I thought pretty stupid. It got better after that, but I wasn't thrilled by much of it. I hate it when fantasy authors take common words and change one small part of it, and think they are being clever and original. For instance, instead of saying the person ended his shift, they ended their scrift. There were a few parts that were pretty cool but all in all not great. Not worth quitting the series but not worth being excited about the next one.

After completing the series, I should've quite before I committed any more time to this series. The next couple books are kind of like this one but with very few of the characters (I think only two or three) being in consecutive books, so not much continuity. It takes a while for them to ever answer any questions. Once things start picking up (book 6) and you begin to hope it will all be worth it, it ends without that much happening (a few good battles but not worth 7 books).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Wing.