Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker Queen of the Undead's Reviews > Wool

Wool by Hugh Howey

Mar 30, 2012

Read in February, 2012

A Badass Hidden Gem...

OMG, this short story was absolutely fantastic. Who is this author and why is he not on everyone's radar. Must read, don't think about it, it's a short story and won't take up much of your time and I think it's only 99 cents, just go get it! Hurry...go.......why are you still reading this...gooooo

Go now...
46 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool.

04/19 marked as: read

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Awesome! The first 3 are actually free on Amazon. :D

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Awesome! The first 3 are actually free on Amazon. :D"

Even better. I literally held my breath for the last 10 pages. It's a good thing the first part isn't longer or I would have died! LOL

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Lol No, that would not have been good at all. I'm excited for this now. It seems like a good long while since I've read a good dystopian.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "Lol No, that would not have been good at all. I'm excited for this now. It seems like a good long while since I've read a good dystopian."

I can't wait to see what you think!!!

Wendy Darling Michelle, the next two installments of this series are also free today! http://www.hughhowey.com/?p=1885

I have had one of this author's previous books waiting TBR forever--his ratings are crazy good.

message 6: by Bonnie (last edited Feb 29, 2012 11:38AM) (new)

Bonnie Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "Lol No, that would not have been good at all. I'm excited for this now. It seems like a good long while since I've read a good dystopian."

I can't wait to see what you think!!!"

oliviasbooks Yes, Wendy, do read "Half Way Home". It's very original.

Wendy Darling That's the one I have, olivia. I really need to read it soon.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "I'm currently enthralled in Grave Mercy but I'm going to try to read this next. :) .."

That was a great book as well.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Wendy Darling wrote: "Michelle, the next two installments of this series are also free today! http://www.hughhowey.com/?p=1885

I have had one of this author's previous books waiting TBR forever--his ratings are crazy g..."

This book is only 65 pages long but sooo good. I didn't even move at all and just read page after page.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Bonnie wrote: "I'm currently enthralled in Grave Mercy but I'm going to try to read this next. :) ..."

That one is good!

message 12: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker wrote: "Bonnie wrote: "I'm currently enthralled in Grave Mercy but I'm going to try to read this next. :) ..."

That one is good!"

I'm really enjoying it. :D

message 13: by R. (new) - added it

R. C. Got 'em--thanks, Michelle!

message 14: by Tennille (new)

Tennille They have the 5 book omnibus for 4.99 so got it!!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Tennille wrote: "They have the 5 book omnibus for 4.99 so got it!!"

that's perfect!

message 16: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Many thanks for such a strong recommendation - I bought all the Wool books and am similarly amazed that I haven't heard of him before - thanks for tipping me off to him!

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Lee wrote: "Many thanks for such a strong recommendation - I bought all the Wool books and am similarly amazed that I haven't heard of him before - thanks for tipping me off to him!"

Yeah! Love to hear that! I'm always fearful when I go crazy over a book and someone buys the book off of my review.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Read this today. You're totally right! :)

message 19: by Hugh (new) - added it

Hugh Howey How would you fine readers like to see this series on TV?

I just got a pretty cool email. Execs are willing to fly out to sit down with me. :D

Pretty surreal. Thanks much for spreading the love.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Wool on TV? Sign me up, please :).

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Hugh wrote: "How would you fine readers like to see this series on TV?

Pretty surreal. Thanks much for spreading the love."

Totally would rock as a tv series. That is awesome news. Congrats, regardless if it makes it on tv or not. It's a great story/series.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Ace wrote: "Read this today. You're totally right! :)"

This is the one short story I was glad was so short. I don't think my lung capacity could have held out for much longer than 65 pages considering I didn't take one breath the entire time.

message 23: by Jan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jan I've love to see a Wool TV series, congratulation Hugh. I can't wait for wool 6!

message 24: by Hugh (new) - added it

Hugh Howey Thanks, Jan!

message 25: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani I think this would make a seriously kick-a$$ TV series!

Roland Hungarian edition of Wool quotes your review on its back, says: "Must read, don't think about it..." - Goodreads
Congratulations! :)