Erica Chilson's Reviews > Father Mine

Father Mine by J.R. Ward

4182064
Feb 23, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, digital, nook, novella, paranormal-romance, 5-star, bawled-until-dehydrated, tickle-my-funnybone
Read from February 23 to 25, 2012

Father Mine a novella in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series(#6.5)-J.R. Ward

I am always hesitant to purchase a novella. Usually they are just scenes cut by the author and offered to readers as insight, not adding anything to the overall series. In the case of Father Mine, a story that involves Zsadist and Bella, I was drawn to it for the love of the characters. This novella is a pivotal part of the BDB series. While nothing changes in the story premise, it shows us the birth of Nalla and the events surrounding it. I would highly recommend reading it as part of the series.

I don't know why this novella caused me to become an emotional idiot. Scene after scene had me wiping tears from my eyes. What I loved about the story is that after a book is finished we all feel as if it is a happily ever after, especially in the paranormal romance genre. This novella takes place after Zsadist and Bella's novel. It shows that characters may heal but the pain lingers creating issues within a marriage. I felt as if our characters have everyday issues just as the rest of us do and everything in a book doesn't have to be imagination land.

This was a perfect way to spend two hours in a highly emotional setting.

The following quote had me laughing. I am not sure why, maybe for a break from the emotional torture. I envisioned the quote in my head and found it humorous. It is also a perfect way to showcase Ward's ability to flawlessly switch between the male and female characters.

Gun muzzles came out of the windows of the Lessening Society's soccer-mom special like the bitch was a stagecoach, and the bullets went ape shit.

Look for more Wicked Reads reviews @ vkwickedreads.wordpress.com
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Father Mine.