Colleen Martin's Reviews > The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - The Little Sisters of Eluria

The Dark Tower by Robin Furth

Feb 23, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: horror-sci-fi
Read in February, 2012

Well, the honeymoon is over - I'm definitely not as enraptured with the Dark Tower graphic novels as I used to be. I don't know if it's because they're starting to venture into familiar territory or what, but all they're doing at this point is making me want to re-read the actual novels. While the illustations in "The Little Sisters of Eluria" aren't as bad as the preceding one, they're not nearly as good as they used to be. With the early books, I would just sit and marvel at how gorgeous the renderings were. Now, they're just the usual comic book fare. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to stop reading them now that they're retelling the Stephen King's original story. I had worried about them influencing the way I see Roland and Mid-World, like a movie or TV show would, but I don't think I need to worry about that with these...they're pretty forgettable and don't hold a candle to the originals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Tower.

01/31 marked as: read

message 1: by Vadim (new)

Vadim I totally agree with you.

message 2: by Dan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan I have not read the Dark Tower books, but I loved King's older novels. I have been reading these graphic novels...would you say that the Novels are better than these?

message 3: by Vadim (new)

Vadim The novels are a BILLION times better.

Colleen Martin Yeah, the graphic novels pale in comparison to the real novels. I wish S.K. had filled in the backstory himself, like he kind of did with "The Wind Through the Keyhole", instead of letting someone else handle it (and through a totally different medium). I definitely think you should try them.