Farah's Reviews > Vengeance

Vengeance by Kate Brian

Feb 23, 12

** spoiler alert ** Where do I start?
I absolutely HATED this book, didn't offer any closure for the series. What if I don't want to read the Privilege series? Should I just be left hanging?

It's a quick read, I finished it in two hours, I thought it'd tie all the loose ends but it didn't. I should have stopped reading this series a LONG time ago but I like to finish what I started.

I feel that Kate milked the series and ended up ruining it. Everyone is out to get poor Reed, she is wanted dead in ALL 14 books?! It gets boring after the second book. In Ominous she discovered that the bIllings girls have magic then BOOM, what magic? LOL I just make it up as I go.

Whatever happened to Upton? Why is she with Josh? Where did she end up? What happened to her family? Where did the magic hocus pocus go? She ends up pondering outside the window, looking at the damned Billings building!! I agree with Noelle, Reed is a GLASS LICKER, weak character, paranoid, boring, one dimensional and she just doesn't have self respect, Come on, she used to wear their handy downs without even feeling a tiny bit of shame.

So many unanswered questions. I'd give this book a zero if I could. BOOO!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vengeance.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esther (new)

Esther totally agree. I would delete them from my to-read list, but it'll be a waste of time

message 2: by Anewmeepassion (new)

Anewmeepassion I agree completely. I just finished reading the last book and i feel like ever since "paradise lost" the series has gone haywire. I thought that with the inclusion of witch craft it could have been rekindle, but she (kate) decided not to let it continue. Grrrr I'm so mad right now. I'm a senior in high school and I started this series in middle school I thought it would have ended a lot better. I'll just start reading privilege for some REAL closure....hopefully. Great review, I completely agree

Erin I appreciate that everyone has different opinions, but i'm intruiged as to why you continued reading the series if you felt they weakened after book 2?

message 4: by Esther (new)

Esther For the principle of the thing. I hate leaving books unfinished.

Farah I actually liked the first couple of books and I couldn't just stop because I like to have closure, the series had potential and I hoped that Kate would salvage it somehow.

message 6: by Tamikia (new)

Tamikia I agree. the last book in the series for me was Revelation. I hated everything after that. I thought the books had gotten too over the top, they already were but then it became too much. It's bad enough that some psycho girls want to kill Reed but now we have people's parents who want her dead too? Plus I didn't like this book because it made the whole big reveal at the end of Revelation a big lie and now we're supposed to believe that Sabine who gave the whole evil villain speech was innocent after all? Oh please!