Kilikina's Reviews > Callum & Harper

Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie

Feb 23, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, swoon-worthy, love-love-love

This book....wow. I have never read a book that was as real or raw as this one.

Callum and Harper are the most deserving characters I've read about in a long time, if not ever. The relationship between Callum and Harper made my heart ache. They are the definition of the perfect couple. Literally. Their love wasn't an insta-love or something fake- it was so real and so full of passion. I want to have a relationship like theirs. And that's something I've never said about any other couple before.

Both of the character's backgrounds were so devastating...especially Harper's past. They've been through the worst of the worse and you can't not root for them. I got so attached to Callum and Harper. I smiled when they smiled, cried when they cried, and laughed when they laughed. This book really does take the meaning of love, loss, and triumph to a whole new caliber.

After reading this, I have a new perspective on life. It's easy to forget just how good I have it and everything that I'm blessed with. But this book changed me and made me think about my life. I have a whole new appreciation for the people and things in it.

*happy sigh* This book really touched me on an emotional level; I can safely say it is now one of my favorites.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Callum & Harper.

Quotes Kilikina Liked

Fisher Amelie
“He bent his head to mine and kissed the sense out of me. If you’d asked me my name, I’d have told you wrong. He had that kind of ability and he was mine, maybe it was because he was mine and because I loved him the way I did that his spell could cast itself over me with such ferocity.”

Fisher Amelie
“One day, you and I are gonna wake up and be alright. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day. One day. I promise you.”

Fisher Amelie
“She threaded her fingers through my hair and I nearly whimpered at the feel of them, my eyes rolling to the back of my closed eyes. I clutched her waist tightly, inhaling her breaths as I practically swallowed her beautiful tongue.”

Fisher Amelie
“He had brown hair, piercing green eyes and jaw line that screamed 'I might just let you kiss me here'.”
Fisher Amelie, Callum & Harper

02/23/2012 "I'm praying I love this book. It sounds amazing. *fingers crossed*"