valee's Reviews > Jabril

Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: amazing-pnr-romance
Read from February 25 to 26, 2012

SUCH A LOVELY SURPRISE:

This book is a continuation of the first one. HOW MANY TIMES have you finished an outstanding read and just wished for the author to write another one with the same characters you loved so much? And only to get your hands on the second book of the series and realize that all the characters have changed and only if you are very lucky you will get a little glimpse of them? I've suffer with so many series for this reason... But then I read book one in Vampires of America and had that very same feeling just to see that book two would give me much, much more of Raphael and Cyn... **sigh. Just like that this author became one of my favs! Because she gave me something that not one author in the paranormal romance genre was able to give me!

ABOUT THE BOOK

So in this book we face Raphael trying to stay apart from Cyn, figuring what he really wants and facing his own demons. At the same time we see a heart-broken Cyn trying to get over Raphael and going on with her life. And what better to put distance between them that a work proposal for Cyn? Houston's vampire Lord, Jabril, needs Cyn's help to find his disappeared 'ward'. Once Cyn gets to Jabril's place she realizes that nothing is what it seems and that some things are terribly wrong with the Texas' Lord. So be ready to see this marvelous heroine getting things wright and fighting to help those who are defenseless. Also be ready to see Raphael trying to win Cyn back... ***sigh.Nothing gives us a better HEA than time. When you waited so long to see them together, once you do, you realize that waiting only made the reunion sweeter.

COMMENTS ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

How to put into words how grateful I am that finally an author has done what so many couldn't for me? Paranormal romance is not an easy genre to write. I've read hundreds of books I regretted, but this one is going straight to my favs list. I adore the way this author describes things and how she gives life to her characters. This is an amazing series and I just know I won't be able to stop reading it until I'm done.

Do you guys know what I really thought once I found this series: OMG, not another of this lame vampires series... This because I have read so many lately where authors try to give the vampire theme a funny or creative side, which I usually hate. I've read some funny series about vampires which I loved, don't get me wrong, but they never became favs of mine as I enjoy this theme the most when it's taken seriously. Another thing I thought was Vampires of America? Seriously? what a stereotyped name for a vampire series! and WTF is going on with the covers? The reason for why I'm telling you all this is because if you thought the same I needed to tell you that you need to forget about all this and just read the books because they are so worth it! Forget the cover, forget the titles and just read it! This is a new author for me and I just know I'll keep reading her books from now on because I adore her writing style. Even with the last books published on my favs series I haven't been this absorbed and captive as I was with the books in this series. So thank you D.B. Reynolds for these amazing reads and please just keep them coming.

12 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jabril.

02/25
20.0% "I just can't be sure if her dreams are really shared dreams with him or are all of her own doing,lol."
04/07 marked as: read

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy really good review--almost finished with book one

valee Joy wrote: "really good review--almost finished with book one"

Let me know what you think of it once you do.

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy finished book one and two--love Cyn and her shoes/boots! this is a really good series--well written and great characters--

valee Thanks for letting me know, Joy. I loved this series too!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Can't wait to read this one :)

Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy Loved it...loved it..loved it

valee Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy wrote: "Loved it...loved it..loved it"

I'm so happy for you Sharon! Let me know how the rest of them work for you.

message 8: by Leah M (new) - added it

Leah M loved reading your review!

Lynne Great review. You gave voice to almost everything I have been thinking about this series. I heard about this series on a BDB thread. I am half way thru book 2. I cannot put it down.