Jessica's Reviews > Diva

Diva by Jillian Larkin

Aug 12, 12

bookshelves: owned, read-2012, young-adult
Read from August 09 to 12, 2012

It's super confusing being in the middle of this series and the Bright Young Things series by Anna Goberson. The books are very similar, both about Flappers and end up in the same city (Flappers started in Chicago but book 2 and 3 were New York). So every time I pick up either of these books it always takes some figuring out as to which book this is, who the characters are.

The books do differ obviously but they have a lot of similarities, both have a character that wants to be on stage, the the second book of both there was character involved in running a club. And then there's the whole drama you'll find in any book, back stabbing, frenemies, etc. Both do a fine job but comparing the 2 books of Bright Young Things to this now completed trilogy, I fine myself more interested and invested in the character of Bright Young Things.

So this book, I think might be the weakest of the 3, Ingenue had a lot more going on than this one did. And everyone's story line was a little lacking. It was also kind of odd to have Jerome's perspective in there as it seemed kind of random I'm pretty sure there was only 3 chapters from him through the whole book. But I guess they might have been a little necessary since he was not around Gloria at these times.

It was okay, it just wasn't really holding my interest all that much, I was often putting it down to do other things, picking it up, and repeating, even late at night when all I usually do is read before going to sleep.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diva.