Jessica's Reviews > Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Not my favourite in the series, I was pretty confident in my assumptions for what was going to happen in this book and I was right on them all so there wasn't really much else left to happen. Especially since the family tree on the other side of the dust jacket tells you most things you were right before you even started reading the book. So you pat yourself on the back and find out the details. So yes, I'm sure myself and many other people had this book figured out by the end of Clockwork Prince but maybe getting lost in the story would make you forget that you already know what's going to happen. But the story itself just wasn't as good as the others. I mean it's long, I know I shouldn't expect Caddandra Clare to know how to edit down on her work given the last two TMI books, but still, TID is a much more quality story, I expected more from this book.

We get mixed up in every other side character's basic story lines and that's nice, there's romance blooming all around, but these are side characters that have taken on a prominent roll in the book just like what's happened in TMI, and I don't really care about these characters. And then we have our actual main characters who are not even together for over half the book and most of that they're not doing a whole lot so really the book is just a lot of hearing from different characters. The first half of the book is definitely better than the second half as everyone is still pretty much together at that point and the story lines don't feel so split off from one another.

Greatest annoyance: we still don't know why Tessa went to see Magnus in City of Glass

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Princess.

04/25/2013 marked as: read