Azusa あずさ Saotome さおとめ's Reviews > The Dead-Tossed Waves

bookshelves: emiri-read, dystopia, scifi, zombies, ya, 2012
Read in February, 2012

From Emiri's main account and Tumblr:
Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars

Gabry has lived in Vista all her life in the Lighthouse with her mother. One night, Gabry and friends cross the border that separates them from the Mudo and the infection that has all but destroyed the earth. After things go horribly wrong, Gabry's world falls apart. Heartache, betrayl, lying, adventures, and escaping into the unknown are all that she knows now. Will Gabry's world ever make sense again?

While this is the 2nd book in the series, it is not necessary to read the first one The Forest of Hands and Teeth to understand the events in this one, although it is a bit helpful to have a background on the Return and Gabry's mother.

Originally, I was going to give this 3 stars. I was so angry that Gabry chose Elias over Catcher. YOU BARELY KNOW HIM. GOD. But the ending saved it. I LOVE THE ENDING SO MUCH.
____________________

Anyway, it took me FOREVER to read this book. The beginning was so slow. About page 200 or so it finally picked up and I was able to read from page 262 through the rest of the book in one sitting.

Complaints:
I didn't find Elias and Gabry's relationship very solid. -.5 stars
Catcher (the one I love soooo much!) turned into this jerk. Ew. -.5 stars.
I found Gabry to be whiny. I had a love-hate relationship with her. In the end, I liked her well enough. -1 star

Why then, is this a 3.5 instead of a 3? Because of this. (Yes, I've already said this in my GR review, but...)
THE ENDING. OH MY GOD THAT ENDING. <3 +.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead-Tossed Waves.