Leila's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Feb 23, 2012

bookshelves: chick-lit, general-fiction, lovestory, north-america, read-in-2012
Recommended to Leila by: Bookshop
Recommended for: ya fans, people who like cute romantic comedies film-type of books
Read from August 09 to 15, 2012 , read count: 1

Sweet, short, simple, cliche, cute...what else is there to expect?

----------

It was a quick and simple read. I needed something easy and simple - kind of like when you sometimes just want to sit down with a nice romantic drama or comedy, you know? I had saw my favourite local bookshop recommending this book and it sounded cute enough.

The book is about seventeen-year old Hadley who has just missed her flight to London, and is late to her father's second wedding. She remains stuck at the JFK airport and meets a British boy named Oliver, who is sitting in her row. Hadley does not look forward to the wedding and meeting her soon-to-be-stepmother. She and Oliver get to know each other during the long flight but when they reach London, they lose each others. The question is of course - will they meet again?

Even though the title and the summary suggest a romantic story, the focus is more on family drama. Of course, there is romance too though! The whole book is set in a period between twenty-four hours.

I wish I could say more about the book but to be honest, there isn't much to say. If you expect a lot of twists and turns, drama and depth, then no. This is a cute, fluffy and sweet story. It's simple, short and cliched. It's perfect if you need something quick that will make you feel good without overthinking it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

Quotes Leila Liked

Jennifer E. Smith
“It's not the changes that will break your heart; it's that tug of familiarity.”
Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight