Shellie Cruz's Reviews > Rae of Hope

Rae of Hope by W.J. May

Feb 25, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read from February 23 to 25, 2012

Rae is about to be sixteen and is shipped off to Guilder Boarding School in England. Her parents died in a tragic fire when she was just six and she has been living with her Uncle since. Her life is about to take some turns pretty quickly. Rae is informed that Guilder is a school for the gifted and when she turns sixteen she will be getting her own tatu (tattoo) that will give her some gifts of her own. I haven’t been one to read many ‘magic’ type books but this was definitely enjoyable. Rae finds that everyone has their own unique tatu (tattoo), it’s something that they are born with that shows on their sixteenth birthday, but everyone has their eyes on her.

I was wrapped up in this story line and was easily taken away with it. Rae is facing coming to a new school, knowing no-one there, everyone except her knowing her past and having to prove them wrong time and time again. I loved her roommate Molly and her new found friend Maria; they were the two of all the girls that I liked best. The romance in Rae of Hope was building from the second that she ran into Devon until the last page. There are so many characters and neat abilities that are so well written into this story line. I liked that Rae had some of her own secrets that others didn’t know about her and the fact that she could really truly trust some people. We get to see her facing her fears and overcoming what some people believed.

Rae is learning not only about this new world that she never knew existed but also about herself and her parents. She is definitely getting attention from the guys of the school seeing as they just started letting girls attend. After learning everything right along with Rae I found that her tatu suited her just fine and I could easily picture it. I loved the mystery behind this story line and loved all the twists and turns in it. I didn’t expect to see some things coming. It makes you think of the people that you can trust and those that you should take a second guess on. I really enjoyed this magical world that M. J. May has created. I can’t wait for the next installment to see where the characters go and what will unfold next in Rae’s life.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rae of Hope.

02/25/2012 page 248