Katie's Reviews > Ready Player One

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: adventure, boy-book, fantasy, dystopia, young-adult
Read from February 23 to March 03, 2012

Loved this book. It was one of the 2011 YALSA Alex award winners, best adult book for YAs. This book was completely up my alley with its pop culture infused adventure story. Especially loved that Ernest Cline was a former elitist video store clerk like myself. It all totally cliqued with me. I didn't understand any of the gaming references really and I still loved the story. It has a fun adventure/ dystopian vibe to it. This is an amazing first book by the author and the movie adaptation that he's penning should be equally as great. This is one of those books almost made to be a movie. Maybe it's that video clerk thing... :) Loved this and have been recommending it to anyone who will listen.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ready Player One.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristen Thank you for reviewing this book. I read it because of your comment and LOVED it!!

Katie Wildirishred wrote: "Thank you for reviewing this book. I read it because of your comment and LOVED it!!"

Oh YAY! I'm so glad you liked it. It's one of my favorite books to come out recently. So much fun. Did you know Ernest Cline also wrote the screenplay to Fanboys? I've put that movie on my must see list, since I liked his book so much.