BookHookup's Reviews > Blood Will Tell

Blood Will Tell by Samantha Young

Feb 23, 2012

****The Book Hookup was SO lucky to have our fabulous friend, Michelle (aka TC1 or TwilightCougar1) guest review this series for us. Thank you, Michelle! ♥ ****

Michelle’s review: Truth be told, I started reading Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh #1) purely because the Book Hookup posted that it was free and the synopsis sounded intriguing. After just a few pages of reading Eden and her “cool, loner, senior transfer boy Noah” I was sucked in completely.

OK it may have also been because there were some intriguing hints at vampirism, which is always a hook for me, but soon the powerful female protagonist, her dysfunctional paranormal family, her tortured loner Buffy-like high school existence, and the intensely unique paranormal mythology completely sold me on the story and eventually the trilogy.

Samantha has created a world where supernatural beings, different than any I have read before, freely live among us. We meet Eden, a loner Soul Eater coming of age into an existence she is repelled by, struggling to deal with a future she does not comprehend. Her best friend in the world is her already “awakened” Blessed brother Stellan who is trying to emotionally usher her into her new life, even though he knows she is unique and may not be able to deal with this rite of passage she has to experience. We are also introduced to Noah, her mysterious “friend” who is really an Immortal Warrior assigned to Eden. Noah’s job is to infiltrate high school, pass himself off as a teenager even though he’s much older, and befriend and test Eden.Their chemistry is immediate and may be actually dangerous. It may awaken a Hunger in Eden which, if acted upon, means she is beyond redemption.

Geez! Spoiler free reviewing is so hard because I so want to describe this intricate world of unique mythology and characters that Samantha Young has created. Her characters are intriguing and well-written, The action is actually frightening and compelling. There are plot twists and turns and many interesting secondary characters that I grew to love and would have easily loved to have read more about.

There is an amazing character named Valeria (and her intriguing lover interest) that is introduced at the end of Blood Will Tell that I could have easily read an entire series of books about! She is so well written and such a wonderful addition to the family of characters. *sigh* as a matriarchal mentor character for Eden it is a compelling addition to the family of characters. This book ended so quickly I immmediately went to Amazon.com and downloaded both Blood Past and Shades of Blood, I was committed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Will Tell.