Stefan Yates's Reviews > Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher by Stephen King

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: stephen-king
I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamcatcher.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Noah (new) - rated it 1 star

Noah Mcclintock I sold my copy of this a long time ago. Did I make a mistake in doing that?

Stefan Yates I'd say so. I thought that it was really fun. Not his best by any means, but fast moving and a lot of fun.

message 3: by Noah (new) - rated it 1 star

Noah Mcclintock I should have kept it. Luckily they have it at the library so if I ever go down there I'll probably check it out and read it.

Squire I liked the grim nastiness of the whole thing. It was King's rehab novel after his accident. It breaks down in the end, but overall I liked it. More than Doctor Sleep, anyway!

Stefan Yates Well, since it IS your quest to read them all, I should think that you better! ;)

message 6: by Noah (new) - rated it 1 star

Noah Mcclintock There was a movie based on this starring Morgan Freeman. I wonder if its any good.

Stefan Yates A LOT of people hate it. I enjoyed it enough to own it and watch from time to time. It's really not too good, but I like most of the actors in it and it definitely has it's moments. (And the end breaks down even more than the end in the book!)

message 8: by Noah (new) - rated it 1 star

Noah Mcclintock If I ever see the movie then I'll tell you what I thought of it. Most people think the book is bad because its too long and its too much about aliens and stuff. Then again a lot of his books are very long. Take Insomnia for instance. A lot of people say its boring and hard to get through until page 300+. Or The Stand where lots of people criticize it for being too long and drawn out. Same with other books of his like Needful Things and Under the Dome both of which I liked. The thing is that those books needed the characters to develop in order for them to be realistic. Just because a book is over 1000 pages doesn't mean its a bad book. It means several things. 1) the character development is very complex and the writer takes time to develop them. 2) The plot goes on way too long. 3) The details are very careful and gives a more visual image of whats going on.

Now my comment is turning into a review all of a sudden. Anyways I hope I'll enjoy the book as much as you did.