Katie's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Sep 04, 12

Read from August 30 to September 03, 2012

Here's the deal, if you're a girl, or anyone who enjoys a perfectly written story...read this. My bookie friend recommended this to me saying that she fell head over heels for the main character's man, and prior to the end of Chapter 1, I was right there with her. For a female main character, written in her narrative, you'd never expect that the author is a male, so I was pretty surprised when I started reading and realized that was the deal with main character Hazel and author John Green. I truly cannot express how beautiful a writer Mr. Green is. The first thing I did when I finished the book (after wiping away my tears (more on that later)) was put another of his works on hold at the library. I want to drink up as much of his literary work as I can. Hazel and Augustus (the boy you WILL fall in love with) meet at cancer support group, so although you assume the ending, you still hold out hope, ala praying Jack will find room to float this time. I literally cried for the last 50 pages and sobbed for the last 5....just a heads up. Green has such a ridiculous talent for putting words together that make the world seem more intense than it is, and he's even a fantastic borrower of words, using quotes that I still remember (like Don Perignon's champagne description). His description of Amsterdam has made me add to list of places I want to visit. So again, if you like amazing writing and a fabulous story....read The Fault in Our Stars....and read it now.