Kristen Fiore's Reviews > Copper

Copper by Kazu Kibuishi

F 50x66
Feb 23, 2012

This graphic novel was adorable and imaginative. The first aspect that drew me into this book was the dog named Fred. He was too cute not to pass up.
The basic plot was Copper, Fred’s owner, and Fred would go on these outrageous adventures. Some occurred while Copper was sleeping or Fred was sleeping. Others happened when they were walking around town.
One adventure that stood out the most to me was the last one they went on. The setting was the forest. They went on a hike and were just looking around. Copper found a cave and wanted to explore it. He told Fred to stay outside the cave and keep watch of the backpack with their food inside of it. Fred took protecting the pack very seriously. He wouldn’t even let butterflies near it. ”I must protect this backpack with my life! (Kibuishi77)”. While Fred was waiting for Copper and trying to protect the backpack, a monkey snuck over and took a sandwich out of the bag. When Fred realized what happened, he chased the monkey all through the forest. Once he caught up to the monkey, the monkey threw the sandwich in Fred’s face. “I can’t even protect a sandwich, (Kibuishi 82)”. As an apology, the monkey gave bananas to Fred to replace the sandwich he took.
I would recommend this graphic novel to anyone who likes to read short quirky comics. It was a fast read and I would love if there was a second book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Copper.

message 1: by Jenifer (new)

Jenifer If you like this, you should also check out Goodbye Chunky Rice by Craig Thompson.