Dianne's Reviews > Celebrity in Death

Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb

Mar 25, 13

Read on February 23, 2012

I never knew how much I looked forward to the chase scenes, shootings, stabbing and all the other excitement that permeated these books, until I read this one. I never thought I would find myself saying that an Eve Dallas book could be boring, but this one was.

Eve, Roarke and Dehlia have been invited to the party that is celebrating the the movie (vid) "The Icove Agenda". While there, nasty words are exchanged between the actress playing Peabody and almost everyone who is at the party. Naturally she is later found dead under suspicious circumstances. Everyone is a suspect...

There is a lot of leg-work for Eve and Dehlia, a lot of people to interview and that's about it. J.D. did do the usual and toss in plenty of red herrings, but I just didn't care. I kept trying to force myself not to page to the back of the book to see who really dunnit.

Oh and did want to mention to the proof -readers and editors, that they may want to rethink using the abbreviation 'anal' for the word 'analyze' or 'analysis'...just sayin'!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Celebrity in Death.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rosa I totally agree with you! I was a bit disspointed with this book!

message 2: by Pat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Pat I also was disappointed....great review

Dianne Thank you guys, I appreciate hearing that you thought it was a good review Pat.

message 4: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy and eve's husbands name is ROARKE not rourke. if you have read the series you should know how to spell his name by now.

message 5: by Dianne (last edited Mar 13, 2012 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dianne Nancy I can't tell if that was aimed at me and my review ...was it?
If so and you can't handle a simple typo...then what can I say. I'm not the sycophant you are. Fixed it. And YES I have read every single book some more than once and this one is still a disappointment no matter HOW you spell it!

Valerie Amen, Dianne - I love this series and I'm struggling to get through this one. What happened to the Eve I know and love? She turned into a foul mouthed, unprofessional, slug thru paperwork and interview girl. Sigh. I miss the real Eve.

Sarah I agree, too boring, no action!

message 8: by Susie (new) - added it

Susie I laughed my head off when I read "anal" in place of "analysis"--especially in the context, "I'm going to run the recorders up to Feeney for a quick anal." Haaaa.

Maria It was boring, compared to other fast-paced books. I listened to it on audio and didn't catch the "anal" reference b/c I didn't see it printed, but that's hilarious.