Marsha's Reviews > Endlessly

1991207
Jul 25, 12

Recommended for: Young Adults
Read from July 24 to 25, 2012, read count: Once

It always saddens me when a series I enjoy comes to an end. However, "Endlessly" was a really good ending to the Paranormalcy Trilogy. One of the things I enjoyed most about the writing of Kiersten White is that she knows that a good writer always leaves her audience wanting a little more. In a world where there are volumes 10-28 and the writing becomes more diminished with each edition, I am really gaining a new love of trilogies.

Evie is in the honeymoon stage of her 'normal' life. She is enjoying going to high school and seriving on the winter formal committee. She is just about to go on vacation for winter break and see her loving boyfriend, Lend. However, before the dust of bliss has a chance to settle she receives a phone call from a woman from IPCA she painfully refers to as "Anne Whatever-Whatever." It seems Raquel has been replaced and Anne wants Evie to report back to the compound immediately. So, Evie does what she does best and hangs up on her (Ha!).

Evie manages to contact Raquel but realizes all isn't quite what it seems. Then, men show up at her house and arrest her. She is taken back to the compound where she meets Whatever-Whatever for the first time. Everyone or Everything seems to want something from Evie: The IPCA wants her to track down supernaturals, the Fae want her to open a gate so that they can return home, and she just wants to decorate her Christmas tree and bake cookies. The Compound is under new management that does not want to listen to reason so Evie does once again what she always does, she escapes.

Back at home, Reth and Jack offer Evie their assistance. Unfortunately, their track record of trying to kill her does not recommend them very highly. But when Lend is kidnapped by the Unseelie Queen, Evie will do anything to get him back includin working with this backstabbling duo. While entering the Black Queen's turf, Evie witnesses pain and suffering beyond her tolerance. However, they manage to escape with Lend leaving a knife in the Queen's neck. Of course, when they return home, Evie discovers she has missed Christmas and the unconscious Lend only awakes when Evie is in a different room. Sometimes holidays just suck!

I will not reveal any more information because I do not want to spoil it for anyone. However, in this conclusion to the trilogy Evie will be called upon to put on her big girl panties, take action, and make decisions that will risk not only her life but the lives of those she loves. I really enjoyed the snarky teenage humor and comebacks. Evie has grown as a character building on her best quality, stubborness. The book left me wanting more and if I had a criticism it would be that I would have wanted a little bit different ending for Reth and Vivian. But, I am not the author nor do I get paid the big bucks (smile). Now that the series is over, I would like to reread it non stop to enjoy the consistency. If you have not checked out this series start with Paranormalcy and enjoy the ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endlessly.

07/24/2012 page 87