Kami's Reviews > The First Days

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended to Kami by: Lori
Read from March 27 to 28, 2012

Even though I was bawling, and will be forever scarred by the first few pages in this book, I still gave it 5 stars.
This book was great! I love Jenni's craziness, and Katie's strength. They make a great duo of bad ass zombie killing chicks.

I love that this book didnt sugar coat the reality of what a zombie apocalypse would really be like. It was real, and damn if it didnt hit straight to your heart. I easily identified with the characters. I totally understood Jenni's desire to kill the zombies. They just destroyed your whole world, and some people want to play happy with the zombies? People are crazy.

I am buying the next book here in a few minutes, I cant wait to devour that one too.

Will I recommend this book? Hell yes
Will I read it again? Probably
Will I read the rest of the series? Of course

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Days.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lori LIKE. Rhiannon Frater is totally rad too. I'm reading her vampire series right now...Pretty When She Dies.

Kami I have never cried during the first couple pages of a book until now. Jeez. I totally saw my kids faces while reading that.

Lori Yep! still have flashbacks to that book whenever I see little fingers under the door.

Kami I will probably have nightmares

Lori I had dreams about those fingers. I think if you're a mom that's just an image that you see so much. And to have to it twisted that way is scary.

Lori This series is the series as to which all other zombie novels are now measured by for me. She's working on making it into a tv show or mini series right now!!!

Kami Awsome cant wait!