Avry15's Reviews > Little Brother's World

Little Brother's World by T. Jackson King

Apr 05, 12

bookshelves: conspiracy, sci-fi, young-adult, reviewed
Read in March, 2012

originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

LittleBrother’s World is a sci-fi novel where Genetic Engineering exists. Everyone has a unique gene-code tattooed on the arm. This Gene-Code serves as your destiny; this defined the job, status, level of education a person is allowed. Little Brother, whose daily routine is to scavenge in a garbage dump is the only one who do not have a GeneCode tattoo. Little does he know that what comes from that fact is a Talent that would greatly help him and Sally.

The cover could be improved while the description is an impressive one. It contains enough details and enough thrill to make the book buyers/readers grab it and settle for an afternoon read…:)

This book is well-written and had a well-defined plot. Mr. King made a world of genetic engineering with a very clear idea of the people, culture, and everything. It seems that every detail had been very well-thought of, from the birth, tattoos, society rules and even the conflicts.

I never found a boring part in the story. It was fast-paced and keep me entertained all throughout. The characters are fascinating and likable too.

This book made me realize about a possible outcome, when finally science and technology wins over traditional ones. It is a harsh world. It is unfair how the rules applied and how a person can be defined by just a mere code. Although, I really liked this fictional world and was amazed by the different things in it, I can’t imagine myself in that world, if it actually happens someday. I might never live a day in it.>:D
See, this book made me see a future in it. This is how absorbed I am.>D

I just noticed though that Little Brother and Sally’s love story developed a little fast. Nonetheless, I enjoyed their banter, Sally’s inquisitive questions and Little Brother’s patience and understanding.
All in all, Little Brother’s World is another sci-fi novel from T. Jackson King that is both exciting, thrilling and fun. Full of suspense, adventure, romance, secrets, conspiracies, this book would take you in a roller-coaster ride.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Brother's World.