Avry15's Reviews > Insight

Insight by Diana Greenwood

Oct 16, 14

bookshelves: christian, supernatural, young-adult, reviewed
Read in February, 2012

originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

I enjoyed this book a lot.

The cover of this book doesn’t really have anything to do with the story-my own opinion-. It suggest a paranormal one, while actually even if there is some supernatural things in the book, it doesn’t deal mostly in it. But I loved the cover just as well. It’s eye-catching and interesting.

This book is about self-discovery, love and loss, life and death, acceptance and understanding, past and future, hope and faith, forgiveness, healing and God's love. This is a complete journey into the lives of ordinary people who found themselves and God along the way.

With the author’s writing, I found myself in the road in 1940’s with the main character Elvira. I really empathized with her. I cried and laughed along, carried and felt the guilt she have over her father’s presumed dead. I also felt her mother’s neglect and meanness towards her. I struggled with her in her transformation toward a woman of faith.

Ms. Greenwood brought her story to real life and inspires readers like me a lot. Her characters are developed well-enough that they’d stay in the reader’s hearts even long after reading Insight.

This book wonderfully stated the thoughts and feelings every teen and to-be-teen experienced. It’s a hard thing turning from a child to a teen, but it’s much harder when there’s no one to guide you, especially when you needed the most your parents.

Insight is a great reminder, that we don’t only have problems to worry about. We have blessings and every little thing we should be thankful for. Faith and the questions that comes along with it are detailed without really making the reader uncomfortable with the religion-subtext.

All in all, Insight is a fast-read, all-pack book I would recommend to kids, teens and adults 9 and above. INSPIRING. Highly Recommended. :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insight.