Brittany B.'s Reviews > Caressed by Ice

Apr 14, 12

bookshelves: audiobook, great-series
Read in February, 2012

Quickie Review:
I'm into this series now. I'm not obsessed or giddy about it, like I've been with other series (night huntress, BDB), but I like these books. My emotional involvement is comfortable. I like the lower level of intensity I feel with these books.

Because reviews are plenty, I'll just speak about a few likes and dislikes.

I liked the heroine, Brenna, a great deal. She's strong and more self assured than she realizes. It was a nice change in the series to have a Psy- Male; Judd is a great character. Nalini Singh has one hell of an imagination with her world building and the various Psy types. Unfortunately for Judd, he is absurdly tortured. (as is Brenna, but at least her wounds are healing). It took a bit of the spark away from their relationship that it hurt him to be touched.

My problem with this book is that Brenna needs comfort; changelings thrive on touch. It's discussed in the book by her family and friends, and I still think it is true: after going through what Brenna endured (terrible rape and abuse- occurred book 1), she would need a loving, affectionate mate. Obviously, it is true both in life and fiction, we are rarely attracted to the sensible choice, and we are often attracted to challenging or unattainable lovers. Ok I get it. But my goodness, it took way to long for Brenna and Judd to finally find an intimate connection. I think she would have gone crazy waiting so long-- I was!

This gets my to my issue that can't be resolved... This guy is a virgin, never even touched himself, so we're meant to believe. Then he all of a sudden turns out to be a harlequin romance god in bed?? He "researched" it? Come on. I'm not buying it.

Nonetheless these are all minor issues. The book is very good, and it won't disappoint fans of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caressed by Ice.

02/23/2012
15.0% "I'm glad I continued the series. Very different from the first two, and the world is finally coming together for me piece by piece. Great beginning." 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

new_user What'd you think? Yea, nay? If you didn't like this one, this is about as good as it gets, LOL.

Brittany B. I do like it. And I'm listening to dragon bound now. Then Ive already got the next Psy-Changeling book downloaded and ready to go. It looks pretty interesting.
So far dragon bound really good too.

Brittany B. new_user wrote: "What'd you think? Yea, nay? If you didn't like this one, this is about as good as it gets, LOL."

Hey New,
Question: what do you think about Angels' Blood series? I've had the book for a while. Haven't read it.

new_user Angel's Blood is good. It's darker than the Psy-Changelings and focuses more on the one couple. I got a little tired of her style, so I haven't gone back to the series. The first book is more on the suspense and the second is more on relationship. She has a unique take on angels. :D