Iben's Reviews > The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle

Nov 26, 14

bookshelves: in-danish, my-bookshelf, historical-fiction, young-adult, retold-legends-and-tales, male-author
Read from February 23 to March 16, 2012 — I own a copy

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood is, as the name suggests, a book about Robin Hood, his men and their adventures.

Though initially keen on reading the book I was soon disappointed by the ridiculous events that Howard Pyle insists on calling adventures.
Also Rodin Hood himself was a big letdown, he seems shallow and more concerned with having fun than helping anyone. He is very egocentric and though he can laugh and make fun of his men as much as he likes when they so much as smile at something he does, he quickly becomes angry.
The events are short and usually begins with Robin saying that he is looking for an adventure. Then he goes for a walk and one of the first people he meets he starts provoking until he can show off the fact that he can call on his many men in the woods, who seems to have nothing better to do than sit in the forest waiting for Robin to sound his horn.

So to sum up I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone as it is quite boring and disappointing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood.