Beate's Reviews > Heart on Ice

Heart on Ice by Kara Jorges

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: athletes, romance, 2-be-reviewed
Read from February 23 to 24, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart on Ice.

02/23/2012
5.0% "This is looking very promising..."
02/23/2012
21.0% "ISSUES! Why is it that only the "beautiful and desirable" should crave love and company? Is Ms Jorges trying to tell us that unless you have the perfect body and a pretty face, you don't get to feel love? Seriously?

This book just pummeled down the rating list.

02/24/2012
40.0% "No one writes an article/portrait for months and months on end, and still doesn't have it finished. You turn something like that in within a couple weeks.

And what's with the constant description of their bodies? We know they're both "beautiful" - move on!

02/24/2012
42.0% "*snort* Everyone in his family has Norwegian sounding names, except the main character himself. He's got the very un-Norwegian name Damon..."
02/24/2012
48.0% "They all could be models, they're all beautiful and perfect. Not one ugly duckling in sight! What a perfect world to live in! And the author claims on her website that none of her characters are perfect... Right. And the earth is flat, eh?

Also. Continuity issues. First weeks and months pass by and seasons change. Then suddenly it's only been a month since they met. Wuh??

02/24/2012
52.0% "It's not like this story is incredibly long or anything. But f*ck is it wordy!! And the constant jumping between character POV's is making my head spin."
02/24/2012
60.0% ""Freddies heart thudded in her breast." Really? 'Breast'? Surely you mean 'chest'..."
02/24/2012
66.0% "'Immoral behavior'? WTF??? And this book started off so good!"
02/24/2012
67.0% "I hate using words like this, and I don't use them often, but these characters are stupid."
67.0% "*cue eyeroll*"
02/24/2012
70.0% "These characters are annoying me to no end. And the writing even more so."
02/24/2012
73.0% "These characters are so smart and so wise, you'd think they were in their 60's instead of their 30's. Not. Plausible."
02/24/2012
79.0% "This is getting so bad I'm seriously considering flouncing..."
02/24/2012
83.0% "The grammar is at best odd in this book. Some words keep ending up being used in odd places. I have to re-read sentences and rearrange the words myself before it makes sense."
02/24/2012
88.0% "This story is so sugary, it's making my teeth ache. And my eyes hurt from all the rolling they do."
02/24/2012
90.0% "Sometimes these characters are wise well beyond their age. Other times they're really childish and juvenile. First and last time I'm reading anything by this author..."
02/24/2012
90.0% "The heroine is having a real 'Bella-moment' with her refusal to accept gifts. *cue another eyeroll*"
02/24/2012
98.0% "Funny how the main thing in the story has been forgotten, never turned in. I'm at the end of the story, and the article/portrait hasn't been turned in, and no talks or reactions to said article either..."
02/24/2012
99.0% "F*ck. No. I know where this is going, and just no. No way."
show 2 hidden updates…