Lisa Vegan's Reviews > The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport

The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport by Laura Lee Hope

Jul 08, 07

bookshelves: mystery, reviewed, fiction, childrens, novel
Recommended for: early readers who would enjoy a mystery, kids interested in twins
Read in July, 1962

This was the very first mystery book I ever read; I was 8 years old. It’s the first of many Bobbsey Twin books. That year I then continued through the entire series and really enjoyed it. It’s about 2 sets of girl-boy sibling twins ages 12 & 6, and the allure of the books was more from the two sets of twins than the light mysteries in the plots.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bobbsey Twins of Lakeport.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan Oh gosh. I just added this to the "books that got me hooked" list in Listopia, which is true. I loved books from my earliest memories when I was two. I was reading books as soon as I learned to read in school. However, it wasn't until I read this book, that I read & read & read and didn't come up for air, barely.

This isn't the edition/cover that I read. But I just read the description for this edition (lines/parts of the book I don't remember at all) and I don't think I'd find this series at all appealing now, except for the double twins of course.

The fifties and early sixties were sure a weird time.