Willow's Reviews > Crossing to Avalon: A Woman's Midlife Quest for the Sacred Feminine

Crossing to Avalon by Jean Shinoda Bolen

1964977
Feb 22, 2012

Read from February 22 to April 23, 2012

Actually, I just started this today 4/21/12. I had only read the Preface when I posted and I picked it up today and read to the fourth chapter. I'm torn between this book and everything else that calls for my attention -- one very good reason to dive in! It's about just that -- participating in an archetypal inner journey that transforms one's life in the outside world. That transformation is described -- and through the Grail Legend, no less -- in a way that rings so true and is so pertinent to me that synchronicity once again proves the power of the intuition.

Bolen's work in Women's Spirituality adds another impetus to this study -- towards incorporating essential feminine wisdom into the cultural and political spheres even as one becomes able to deepen the very personal experience of life. I will do my best to finish this weekend. I won't have to try; the only effort required will be warding off the doubts telling me it's not worth the time. This one surely is, for me!

------------------------------------------------------

4/23/12
And yes, this book was my guide on a 3-day pilgrimage, one that helped me regain connection with soul-saving energies through the network of sacred light -- the Woman at the heart of all Women. A gracious, articulate and wise companion, Jean Shinoda Bolen weaves a beautiful and useful fabric of stories that animate the darkness, the wasteland, the forest and the shrine of the Goddess. And gives them all meaning in the context of our personal and collective lives. Yes!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossing to Avalon.

04/25/2012