Annalynn's Reviews > The Betrayal of the Blood Lily

The Betrayal of the Blood Lily by Lauren Willig

Feb 27, 12

Read from February 22 to 25, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I'm very mixed about this book. First, I love Willig's Pink Carnation series. While some of the books are definitely better than others, they are all great fun to read. In many ways, this was one of my favorites in the series. I loved Alex, and thought he was a great leading man. But without delving too much into spoiler-territory, I did not like being placed in a position of rooting for a married woman to commit adultery. This was the darkest novel in the series - even more than Mary and Lord Vaughn's story - but it worked. Based on the inside jacket blurb, I could tell that the book might be going in directions I didn't want it to take - but I still kept expecting Penelope to find herself a widow before any consummation took place. The fact that I still enjoyed this book (a great deal so) even though it broke a big rule for me is, I suppose, a sign of a good story-telling on Willig's part. I just wish Penelope and Alex would have held out a bit longer in their desire for each other.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Betrayal of the Blood Lily.