Lois's Reviews > The Partner

Jul 08, 07

bookshelves: lobagsbooks
Recommended for: no one
Read in January, 2006

I do own Grisham books, but only because family members keep buying them for me on birthday's and xmas's. I smile politely and thank them, wishing they would include the receipt. I have read this, and i don't recommend it unless you are 10 years old and want to start reading adult fiction. Dull, dull, dull. How this man is a best-selling writer is reflection of today's society's IQ.
17 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Partner.

Leslie I just finished the book a moment ago and I agree with you completely. Dull Dull Dull!

The other Grisham I've read was 'A Time to Kill' and I liked it, so I was hoping for more of that. Didn't happen.

message 2: by Erika (last edited Aug 07, 2009 10:07AM) (new)

Erika I completely agree with you. On top of being terribly boring, I feel like the book glorifies manipulative and shallow thinking. I am not done with it yet. Perhaps it will redeem itself.

message 3: by Roman (new)

Roman O.K...This book is only dull if you have absolutely NO interest in law. It has twists and turns throughout and keeps you guessing the entire time. In my opinion it is one of Grisham's best books...obviously many other people agree with me...thats how it became a #1 New York Times Bestseller.

Jacob This is the most boring book on the face of the earth!!!

message 5: by Erika (new)

Erika Roman wrote: "O.K...This book is only dull if you have absolutely NO interest in law. It has twists and turns throughout and keeps you guessing the entire time. In my opinion it is one of Grisham's best books......"
You are completely right. I have no interest in law and therefore had little interest in the story.

Pedro The best Grisham book to date. I guess it does not make to non lawyer types. It keeps you wondering all the time. And, in the area of law, you run across people and situations similar to those on the book. Very accurate.

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew you don't have a clue what you're talking about, no offense. this book was amazing.

Jacob who asked you, andrew??? this book is sooooo stupid! maybe you just can't read...

Ellisa Barr You can take books back to Walmart without a receipt!

message 10: by John (new) - rated it 4 stars

John Do you just copy and paste your review for every John Grisham review? And how can you give this a one star, and Twilight four stars? You say that Grisham is dull, and is a reflection of today's society's IQ, what about that?

Jaskaran This is The Best Grisham book according to me. I was very shocked to see such reviews. People who are not interested in legal thrillers should not read books by John Grisham. End of story.

message 12: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Burin Ha, twilight gets 4??

Meghan I actually did start reading Grisham when I was 10 or 12 to start getting into adult fiction! I have moved past him now, but enjoyed the stories in middle school and into high school.

Leslie I do love the "if you didn't love this book you clearly don't know anything" argument. Really people? Really?

Brian Graham I can't believe you think you're opinion of a piece of fiction reflects society's IQ! Megalomaniac much? what should the dull peasants be reading your highness?

Brian Graham You gave 4 stars to Breaking Dawn and you think you're the source on high brow literature?

message 17: by Kemi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kemi Reynolds i have never thought i would fall asleep reading a book. I proved myself wrong. It was the dullest most boring thing i have ever read or even thought about

נשיקה צעירה I'm now become one of a big fans of john grisham & i'm liked his writing spicaily his book's the partner❤️❤️

message 19: by Vr (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vr Simply the best of Grisham. But I can see how non-lawyer types could find it boring...

Kenny Simon idiot

David Irving You've obviously not had the misfortune of reading any Patterson !

message 22: by Katie (new)

Katie So what if someone enjoyed the book? Is that a reflection of their IQ? Just because you didn't enjoy the book doesn't mean you can relate it to the intelligence level of others.

message 23: by Marcus (new) - added it

Marcus Monaghan You gave 'Breaking Dawn' 4 Stars. Clearly you are not the target audience Grisham is aiming for. I'm done here. Next witness please.