Diane's Reviews > Two Rivers

Two Rivers by T. Greenwood

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: kindle-loan, kindle, 5-star, literature, pop-fiction, family-drama, love-story, 2012-read
Recommended for: fans of family drama, love story, popular fiction
Read from February 22 to 23, 2012

Wow. This was an extraordinarily well-written book. The pacing and devices used to forward the plot (which is three separate areas of story: the present, the past, the past at another time/event) has been done before, of course, and might not be some people's cup of tea in the first place, but the writing flowed between these segments without a hitch and I found the segments of the story to wind together effortlessly (and I credit that to great writing).

I cared about the characters in that I was interested in seeing how it all wrapped up but this does have a bit of melodrama attached to it and you have to be prepared for some improbable-feeling events which, while serving a purpose to advance the plot line, do sometimes seem a bit much. I was okay with that, though, because I expected this book to be sheer entertainment-value reading. I would definitely recommend this to fans of family drama, love story, etc. type books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Rivers.