Kristy's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: i-think-you-should-read-this, to-read
Read from February 22 to 27, 2012

This book was like opening a gorgeously wrapped Christmas present. You know the kind where someone sneaky gives you a HUGE box and you have to keep opening up smaller and smaller boxes. You are super excited and ready to know what secrets are inside. This book was like peeling back all the wonderful layers of wrapping paper, but I feel like a little gift was left in each box and when I finally reached that last box at the end, it did not dissapoint.

I have a confession to make: I did not read book #1. I know, I know, I'm terrible. But, after reading tons of reviews, spoilers included and all the re-cap in this book I don't feel like I am in the dark. Yes, I know I need to read #1. I will. I will read anything Jennifer L. Armentrout puts her hands on. She is the real deal. I cross my fingers that she will not dissapoint in the next installment or in her Luxe series. I have a gut feeling she won't!

This book is original. Our heroine Alex is made of awesome. She has a smart mouth, a foul temper and makes for hilarious, tense reading. And, with Seth and Aiden at her side bidding for attention it doesn't get much better than this. These characters are witty, charming and very mouthy. Pure was an absolute blast to read.

Alex is 1 of 2 appolyon's, which 2 just doesn't happen. Seth is the other one. Alex and Seth's relationship starts of strained to say the least (he wants her, she hates him), but eventually grows into something more. Alex is 100%, undoubtably in love with Aiden in the beginning of this installment, but after all of his comments you have to wonder if that love is dwindling. Especially after a certain "choice" she makes. Yes, this is a love triangle, but it rocks. I have zero complaints about it. I really thought I was over the girl+boy+boy combo, but it just goes to show you what good writing can do.

Meanwhile, amoungst all the love drama, Alex is required to go to trial. She must testify in all honesty about the events that transpired in Gatlinburg. It just gets plain NASTY. Telly is pretty much the biggest a-hole ever. I don't know if I have ever wanted to reach through a book and give a character the smack down as bad as with him!

Alex recieves a strange prophecy/warning. And, toward the end of the book we start to see exactly what the oracle was talking about. The council doesn't heed her advice and we are left with quite the explosive ending.

I am frothing at the mouth for book #3!!!!

Highly recommed this, especially if you are a fan of: Vampire Academy Box Set, The Lightning Thief and/or Harry Potter Boxed Set.

In the words of randy newman: You've got a FAN (friend) in me!!!

Thanks Alexa for sharing. And, I love being the last person to read a tour book, it's awesome seeing everyone's thoughts ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

02/23/2012 page 178
54.0% "I think I am rooting for the "wrong guy"....." 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~Tina~ wOOt!! Glad you loved it! Great review hun!!

Aiden!! <3

(hehe)

Kristy I just want to have an Armentrout gobble fest!! I want everything she has ever written!!

no, no, no.... Team Seth!!! Brewhahahahaha :D

~Tina~ I agree! Anything she writes is a must have, must read and must worship!

Oh and it's Team Aiden!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Muahahahahaha!!

Kristy Aiden was too mixed emotions this time though... He didn't want her, but didn't want her to be with anyone else....

But, he did have some pretty sweet moments... like the zoo. And, the end... risking everything for her, swoon.

~Tina~ Your right. Aiden pissed me off real bad in this book. The zoo was just too sweet though ~sigh~ Seth owned this one, but I'm not giving up. Tehe!

Arlene Awesome review Kristy. I'm frothing with you. :D Now go read book 1. LOL