Janet's Reviews > The Lesson Plan

The Lesson Plan by Jackie Barbosa

Feb 22, 12

bookshelves: humourous, kindle, publisherpermitslending, separated-for-long-time
Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy

My first Barbosa. She's a fluid fun writer who had me paging forward but I wanted more. The description of the book oversold the "hawt" aspect, imo. The banter reminded me of many a Laurens I have read (which is certainly not a criticism, since I'm crazy for old-skool Laurens) but it was not that original. The scene where they're interrupted in the bedroom brought a similar scene in Welcome to Temptation to mind. Which brings me to what I would have liked.

Since it was no surprise that Freddy and Conrad would marry, what was a pleasant and unusual aspect to their romp-like romance was that Freddy really stood out in London as an unusual and unconventional London matron (not). How did they pull that off? Her Lordship's Mistress by Joan Wolf has an earl and his mistress going wherever they pleased in the ton -- if this unusual couple managed that too, I would have liked to hear more. Couples after they marry -- that can be a very interesting story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lesson Plan.