Jenn's Reviews > How I Spent My Summer Vacation

How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Gillian Roberts

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: kindle, for-review
Read from July 05 to 07, 2012

Gillian Roberts never fails to impress me with her Amanda Pepper series. The further into the series I delve, the more I enjoy her. She's not as timid as I once believed her to be. And her naïveté is slowly disappearing. I do feel bad for her sine she can't even seem to get through a short vacation in Atlantic City without a mishap - or three! And her relationship with CK Mckenzie seems to be on the verge of non-existent. Amanda never seems very secure with where she stands with the man with no first name. I like that they are going to be having a "Talk" and don't forget the capital T. CK seems utterly frightened by this prospect like most men would be if they were put in the same position.

I do have a lot of questions left unanswered by the time this book ended. What happens to Georgette the homeless lady? Does she join the class-action suit? Do they ever put a class-action suit together? Who do they get to sue? Did the police find any of the money? Did they have any evidence to charge the murderer or was it just Amanda's word against theirs? What happens to Lucky and his gambling mother? I'd like if Gillian decided to revisit Atlantic City and have Miss Pepper reunite with all her new friends. Does Lala really marry Tommy? Lots of questions, but I still loved book 5 (?) in the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How I Spent My Summer Vacation.