Kathy Ramirez's Reviews > Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.

Feb 22, 12

Read in February, 2012

I thought this book was fantastic! There are so many beautiful illustrations with such a fun story that can easily teach children about different animals throughout different climates and places in the world. I thought that the way that the author, Martin, incorporated different colors of the animals than the usual known colors (example: a blue horse/ purple cat), was very creative. The abstract colors used to represent some of the animals included in this book could be very beneficial in teaching students in a classroom about abstract Art in a creative lesson for the day. Even more, teachers could use this book to teach young chilren about animals, different climates of the earth, and the variety of colors too. I thought this author did a wonderful job on both the story line, incorporations of colors, and different animals. The addition of rhyming also incorporated in the creation of each story line was very creative by the author. This rhyming technique of the story could also be very beneficial in a classroom teaching grammar and the rhyming rhythms of words. I loved it! It could be a great addition to any school classroom or home library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?.