Alexa's Reviews > Spanking Shakespeare

Feb 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: advisory-2011-2012
Read in February, 2012

Shakespeare is a senior in high school. He isn’t that popular, and doesn’t have that many friends. In one of his classes, his assignment is to write a memoir. Shakespeare writes all these stories that happened to him, and they all seem terrible. While he writes them, he is always saying that he is like a nerd, meaning that everyone always picks on him, even his own parents. He says that his parents named him Shakespeare so he can be miserable and have all the other kids make fun of his name. Besides writing this memoir, he goes through is last year in high school involving teenage problems like finding himself a girlfriend, and going to prom. But when he does meet a girl, it seems as if they can never work their problems out.
This novel was a little odd to me. I found it to be odd because I never read a book that talked or mentioned the things this book does. But I decided to read this because the author teaches at the school I went to. So I just decided to read it and see how it was. I don’t actually know if I would recommend this book to people because this isn’t a book I would usually read, or even read at all. But it is something that I will remember since it sticks out in my mind.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spanking Shakespeare.