Lynne's Reviews > One Good Dog

One Good Dog by Susan  Wilson

Feb 22, 12

Read in February, 2012

This book is well worth reading. Some of the reviews by readers were very critical but most really like the book. Maybe it isn't the very best writing or maybe there are some cliches, or other things mentioned. One reviewer said it should be marketed for young readers, which I disagree with. Regardless of all of the criticism, the underlying message of how Adam is healed emotionally with the help of the dog is excellent. When bad things happen to us in life, even if we have brought it on ourselves, we need help to overcome. This is what this story is all about.

One thing bothered me about the book. I don't believe that Susan Wilson needed to add the F-word, especially when there wasn't any other offensive language. Maybe that is how the people of the world talk, which I think is offensive, but I don't like seeing it in print. I don't think it was called for and it detracted from the story for me.

I liked the chapters that were from the dog's perspective. I love when I find a book that I don't want to put down, and this was like that for me.

If you haven't read "The Art of Racing in the Wind" read it. It also is about a dog and human relationships.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Good Dog.

Gail Long It's actually The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein and it is incredible.

Lynne Thank you for your correction, I don't know where wind came from.