Safae's Reviews > The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Feb 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: english
Read in February, 2012

When i first saw this book i wondered how come a 2 hours movie was made out of 64 pages, and now i know why, because the movie took only the idea and gave us an entirely different story , a much better one.
Even though i'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt nor of the movie made of this book, i thought like ,i always do , that maybe the book is something greater, maybe it will reveal somethings that were forgotten or that they thought would be too silly or too long to fit into a movie, and i was wrong, the book merely gives you the idea, it leaves so much to the imagination , there is a vague description of Benjamin's life ,if he had lived any, because it seemed to me dull and utterly boring.
The movie however brought a different concept to the whole story, a clock was involved , although i never understood how exactly a clock was a part of the story, it actually made it more bearable, and the romance which i though was not something exceptional , seems to me now , the only good thing about Benjamin's life, it brought to his life something the book failed to bring, Meaning .
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.